Skip to main content

Happy New Year

 It's neither an end nor a beginning but a continuum.

This is the last post of this year. One year has passed, and a new one is waiting for us. A lot of ups and downs, lot of gains and sacrifices; life goes…

Let me share my one-year experience, which for convenience divided into three phases, and each phase has allowed me to see this world from a different angle.

I have neither taken any new year resolutions nor made plans for last year. Yet, it all went well. Taking a review gives me a happy feeling; flashes the achievements like a movie scene. I could visualize the changes that occurred sequentially with many memorable moments associated with each phase.

Phase I

It's a big thing

I was away from home, feeling lonely, still having the hangover of the 2020 lockdown. No emotions, no attachment to anyone or anything. I woke up every day like an advanced human species and walked around 2 Kms down the street at 7 AM, heading towards my lab hearing some random podcasts. It was complete silence in my mind, empty from inside, feeling no purpose or happiness. Being alone in an apartment, I rarely spoke with anyone, and it eventually made me an extreme introvert who hated talking to people.

I wanted to push myself professionally and personally, but nothing was going my way. Slowly new people were circling me in the lab and hostel. At a slow and steady pace, I began speaking to them and sharing my thoughts, experiences, and it was the beginning of the second phase.

Phase II

Start at the moment you feel to start something

Though I always wanted to create online content, especially a YouTube channel, my lack of self-confidence to face a camera speaking to the audience made me choose to blog. I was a constant listener of a Malayalam podcast during that time, and the podcaster influenced me to start a blog. I had one in the past but wasn't a consistent writer in that one.

At last, on a fine evening, I started my new blog with a random name, 'Voice roll'. I was not interested in investing time to get a catchy name for the blog since I believed that it's not the name that creates the brand but the content. So, I gave a name and uploaded the first post on 'Why we read books?'. My full attention was to publish the first post rather than critically focusing on the topic, knowing that if I re-read it, my mind may change from posting it.

It wasn't for showing off. It was to help myself, to gain confidence, being a consistent and productive online content creator. Initially, I didn't tell anyone about my posts, assuming somebody may criticize my writings which could stop me from proceeding further. It was one good decision I made.

Writing consistently was always difficult. So, I decided to upload one post every month, which wouldn't put any pressure on me. Continuing my writings every month, a few close friends liked my posts, encouraged and expected more from me. It is obvious that if nobody reads, indeed, they will.

Phase III

Time flies 

This phase took a long time and was the quickest. 

"What are the criteria for being a good researcher?" If listing out ten necessary requirements, I would be easily eliminated from the group termed "Researchers". I wasn't asking any critical questions or doing creative thinking.

Meeting multiple deadlines for the current work along with frustration and depression forced me to vacate the hostel which was another nice decision taken this year. Otherwise, I can say I wouldn't exist today (in a figurative way) for writing this post.

Back at the lab, I focused on completing the work, compiled all data and finished it by the end of November. Parallelly, contributing to another work earned me authorship in two other articles. Sticking with my loved ones boosted my confidence, and slowly I started focusing on self-development to build a brand for myself. Now it's the end of 2021. It will be too formal to thank everyone who stood with me in this one-year journey; still, from the heart, I thank everyone who helped me, who heard me, who understood me, who loved me.

Planning under process

 

  • Reading book every day along with noting down the essential points and personal take on the topic
  • Become proactive- Planning for the day ahead
  • Make a list of 100 aspirations to accomplish in life and do it one by one
  • Limiting the use of social media
  • A healthy relationship with people around me
  • Expressing emotions
  • Personal savings
  • Developing new skills

Those who are reading this and going through a tough stage of your life, as a brother I can say -"we might not be faster, not stronger, not the brilliant one but we will continue". Always have a short and long term goal, focus on personal development and please be kind to yourself and to others.

Happy New year!!!

  

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gedankenexperiment

Amused by hearing the name? It’s the German term for thought experiment, which was first used in the year 1897. So, what is this thought experiment mean? Let’s start with the most famous thought experiment- The Schrödinger’s cat as an example. In this though experiment, a cat is kept in a closed chamber in which there is a glass bottle with a poisonous acid. Connected to a Geiger counter (detector-detects radioactivity), there is a hammer. A radioactive source is also kept inside the box. When the detector detects the radioactivity from the material, the glass bottle is shattered, releasing the poisonous acid and the cat is dead. As an observer we are not aware of the outcome of the experiment. Only if the chamber is opened, the outcome is revealed. So, we can say the cat is live and dead at the same time i.e., in a superposition state. Nothing is real unless it is observed…there is no underlying reality to the world. “Reality,” in the everyday sense, is not a good way to think abou...

The Lady Bug

The war of existence It’s her story. Everyone else is just playing their part. ‘Arthur Conan Doyle’, the British writer, who in my opinion is the biggest mystery solver who ever lived. He has influenced my childhood immensely. Reading those Sherlock Homles stories, I never imagined that one day I will become a crime investigator. One fine morning, when I was having my breakfast, one of my subordinates knocked the door and asked “Sir, May I come in?”. “Yes, come in”. I replied He came in and handed over an envelope. I wiped my hand and examined the envelope. To ASP Anurag Mehta Office of Superintendent of police Nalanda, Bihar Pin-803101 Surprisingly, there was no sender’s address. Bihar is a vibrant state and everyday hundreds of new cases piles up. Murders, suicides, accidents, cheating cases, gang wars and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I feel are we humans with compassion or animals with barbaric tendencies? Whatever it is, I blame the creator who is hav...