Skip to main content

What is productivity?



Most of us have watched tons of videos on the topic of productivity over a while. When someone asks to describe the term productivity, we may fumble even though we have gone through a lot of content created by the so-called productive gurus.

Watching those videos gives us new insight, but it is like the 5 to 10-minute motivational videos. One after another, we keep on watching. We usually picture in our mind that these "productive gurus" are so productive and they are living a great life. But take a step and think that they might be introducing some apps that may help organize our work or the morning routine they follow. Are they following these steps in their life?

These are made just for another video in their channel. Humans are always interested in peeping into other's lives, particularly that of successful people. They exploit this behavior of our brain, and the rest of everything is clever marketing.

Most of the videos we watch on youtube are of the same kind. Power of reading, journaling, organizing work, exercising, having a good diet plan, reducing social media use, getting up early, and so on. These are essential pieces of stuff that everybody knows, and still, we don't follow. What we do is, we see a lot of self-improvement videos thinking that there might be some magic they are going to say, so that without any effort we can be more productive.

One thing we can do is take a break every day and think on our own. We don't need to spend hours watching others teaching how to live our life.

I started with a question, and I am leaving it for you to answer. Find your answer because sometimes your solutions are way better than you hear from others.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gedankenexperiment

Amused by hearing the name? It’s the German term for thought experiment, which was first used in the year 1897. So, what is this thought experiment mean? Let’s start with the most famous thought experiment- The Schrödinger’s cat as an example. In this though experiment, a cat is kept in a closed chamber in which there is a glass bottle with a poisonous acid. Connected to a Geiger counter (detector-detects radioactivity), there is a hammer. A radioactive source is also kept inside the box. When the detector detects the radioactivity from the material, the glass bottle is shattered, releasing the poisonous acid and the cat is dead. As an observer we are not aware of the outcome of the experiment. Only if the chamber is opened, the outcome is revealed. So, we can say the cat is live and dead at the same time i.e., in a superposition state. Nothing is real unless it is observed…there is no underlying reality to the world. “Reality,” in the everyday sense, is not a good way to think abou...

The Lady Bug

The war of existence It’s her story. Everyone else is just playing their part. ‘Arthur Conan Doyle’, the British writer, who in my opinion is the biggest mystery solver who ever lived. He has influenced my childhood immensely. Reading those Sherlock Homles stories, I never imagined that one day I will become a crime investigator. One fine morning, when I was having my breakfast, one of my subordinates knocked the door and asked “Sir, May I come in?”. “Yes, come in”. I replied He came in and handed over an envelope. I wiped my hand and examined the envelope. To ASP Anurag Mehta Office of Superintendent of police Nalanda, Bihar Pin-803101 Surprisingly, there was no sender’s address. Bihar is a vibrant state and everyday hundreds of new cases piles up. Murders, suicides, accidents, cheating cases, gang wars and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I feel are we humans with compassion or animals with barbaric tendencies? Whatever it is, I blame the creator who is hav...

Happy New Year

  It's neither an end nor a beginning but a continuum. This is the last post of this year. One year has passed, and a new one is waiting for us. A lot of ups and downs, lot of gains and sacrifices; life goes… Let me share my one-year experience, which for convenience divided into three phases, and each phase has allowed me to see this world from a different angle. I have neither taken any new year resolutions nor made plans for last year. Yet, it all went well. Taking a review gives me a happy feeling; flashes the achievements like a movie scene. I could visualize the changes that occurred sequentially with many memorable moments associated with each phase. Phase I It's a big thing I was away from home, feeling lonely, still having the hangover of the 2020 lockdown. No emotions, no attachment to anyone or anything. I woke up every day like an advanced human species and walked around 2 Kms down the street at 7 AM, heading towards my lab hearing some random podcasts. ...